blog background

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Weekend get-a-way (without our baby)...

Yep, you read that right... we went away for the weekend and didn't take Kealani. **tear** Noah had a semi-pro game in Medford, Oregon (about a 7 hour drive, one-way) on Saturday. So us, Noah's Mom, Noah's brothere and nephews, along with our friends Daniel and Ashley (Daniel plays on the team too) all took a road trip and got a couple of hotel rooms for the weekend. We left Friday evening and got home Sunday evening. We had every intention of taking Kealani with us. But when we found out it was supposed to be like 106 degrees and when Noah's sister and sister-in-law offered to watch her if we wanted to leave her here, we started thinking about what would be the smartest option -- not what Mommy wanted but the SMARTEST option! LOL. A hot cranky baby mixed with a long car ride, then having to sit in the heat to watch a football game for a few hours started sounding not-so-appealing! I have never even left for ONE night, let alone TWO in a row!!! The thought of leaving her made me tear up. But I knew it was going to have to happen at some point and there is a first for everything, right?! It's not that I was worried about her being taken care of -- I knew she was in great hands, it was simply the fact that she's my side-kick and I'd miss her. **boo hoo** But I put my brave hat on and went with the flow (yes, crying a little when we left her... SHUT UP, don't make fun! lol.). I admit that it was the best choice because she got to play in the pool at nana and grandpa's house the whole weekend so she wasn't so miserably hot, but you better believe that I missed her like CRAZY! Kari and Duana were great to keep sending me videos and pictures of her while we were away though (see a few of them below). Anyway, moving on from what a whoosy baby I am... Going into this football game, Noah's team was undefeated and ranked 5th in the NATION!! But... that came to a screeching hault in Medford! They lost, bad, sadly. 47-0 to be exact. It was just NOT our day, that's for sure! I will spare you the rest of the details and our theories. But it was a VERY tough loss, as you can imagine. We managed to have a good time leading up to the game, relaxin' in the pool, etc. and TRIED to have a decent time after the game, though it took some coaxing from the wives. LOL. The ride home of course was EXTREMELY long and felt never-ending, mostly due to the fact that I knew we were on our way to see our BABY!!! And Kealani's reaction to us walking through the door was priceless! Just what I invisioned in my head! Despite the fact that she had a very fun weekend with the family, she was very happy to have us home again! =)


here are the pictures and videos that Kari and Duana sent us while we were gone (the videos are dark because they were done on a cell phone but you can see enough to get the general idea...)





and here are some of the pictures from while we were away...




















No comments: