blog background

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Our baby is 1 year old today... =*(

I'm in disbelief that one year ago today, at this very time (2pm) I was checking in to the hospital for an emergency induction to birth our baby girl (because I had almost no amniotic fluid left in there for her). Doctor told me that they'd induce in the afternoon sometime but he wouldn't see me until the next day because it would take about that long for things to progress enough for him to be at the hospital preparing to deliver. Well, little did he know that I wanted Kealani out of there just as much as she wanted to come out and meet us!! Luckily he was already at the hospital delivering someone else, or he wouldn't have made it there (I dilated from a 2 to a 10 in about 20 minutes!). After 4 hours of hard labor (and an epidural that never worked!) and a few pushes later, we welcomed our beautiful angel into this world. We were finally able to hold her and stare her in the eyes and tell her how much we loved her, and how long we'd been praying and waiting for her. It was truly the best thing we've ever experienced (aside from all the pain, of course! LOL) and she's STILL the best thing we are experiencing. She's been such an incredible baby and a true blessing. God couldn't have made her more perfect for us. I sit here writing this and reminiscing, with tears rolling down my face (which I was trying really hard not to do today! Darn it!), wondering how we ever lived without her. I'll finish this with what still remains to be my favorite quote, and all you parents I'm sure can relate... "A baby fills a place in your heart that you never knew was empty".

1 comment:

Jude said...

Happy Birthday Kealani! You are so lucky to have 2 such amazing parents that love you tons and tons. You're beautiful smile is such a joy, and you have so many fans through this blog that are loving watching you grow and play! We're looking forward to another year!