blog background

Sunday, March 15, 2009

8 months old...

Hard to believe, but yes, yesterday Kealani turned 8 months old. =( And I have to say... so many people told me that after 6 months old, motherhood gets easier; however, I think those people are sorely mistaken! LOL! It's definitely gotten harder if anything. I still absolutely LOVE it though, don't get me wrong! There is truly nothing better in this world! With that being said, now it takes so much more time and energy to keep her entertained... and she goes through MAJOR separation anxiety, even if I turn around and face my back towards her, let alone trying to walk to the next room!... she's decided to not sleep much at night and get up anywhere from 6-12 times PER NIGHT, which is something I'm SOOO not used to be because she's always been a great sleeper since the day we brought her home from the hospital, and quickly started sleeping through the night for many, many months... oh, and yesterday I had the pleasure (along with the rest of the entire store!) of witnessing her first royal temper-tantrum!! Nobody warned me that those started this young!! For such a smiley, most-of-the-time happy baby, she sure knows how to use her lungs and pitch a fit all of the sudden!! I won't go into detail but it was not pleasant! LOL! Anyway, aside from all of that, we are still sooooo incredibly blessed to have been chosen to be her parents. We continue to be amazed everyday at the new things she learns and figures out, and love seeing the world through her eyes. We just cannot give her enough hugs and kisses!!! =) Here are just some random pictures from the day...



silly cousin, Kamiko!

she wasn't diggin' the picture taking at this moment, can you tell?!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha....i'm laughing WITH you, not at you and we're probably both laughing because we're sleep deprived and exhausted and exhilerated all at the same time. I imagine that's what it feels like to climb mt. everest or something. I love your honesty, what a great post. And Kealani just keeps getting cuter and cuter and whoever thinks she looks like a boy is totally cuckoo.

Anonymous said...

Totally cuckoo! Jude's Mom is right! She is so adorable!! The separation anxiety is real. La'a kea had nightmares from 8 mos to 3 years old. Scared Rob and I stiff with some of the screams...and she was asleep!! She told me she remembered them and it was that her worst fear was disappointing me and seeing it on my face. At that age she would know????