blog background

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Our "big little guy"

I forgot to post after Kainoa's 4 month appt. (nearly 2 weeks ago now), but better late than never, right?  It's really more for my benefit so I have all this stuff in one convenient place when I need to look back (yes, I have a baby book, but this is so much more fun! LOL).  He weighed in at a big 15 lbs. 9 oz!  The doctor came in after the nurse wrote it all down for her and said "this is rediculous you guys!  you are supposed to have a little premie!"  (she was being funny, not mean -- you would have had to have been there, I guess!)  She looked at the charts and said he is the size of an average 6 month old.  AND he's the same size Kealani was at her 4 month check up -- and please note that she too was a very large baby but she was NOT 6 weeks early!)  So he's a growing boy, for sure!  He was 25 1/4" tall (which means that since his last appt., two weeks prior, he grew a whole inch taller! wowza!!) and his head is now 16.9" (it was 13 1/4" at birth, I believe).  So, you get the idea... it's just like everyone tells us all the time when they see him lately... "so much for having a little premie!"  =)

No comments: