blog background

Thursday, May 28, 2009

"No, no! Do NOT touch the tree!"

For the most part, Kealani knows what she can and canNOT touch in the house, but she definitely likes to see if we aren't looking so she can sneak a feel sometimes -- especially our tree in the livingroom! That darn thing is an every day battle, but I REFUSE to move it or give in, so... I decided to get the progression on camera to tell the story (I also recorded it on video but the computer is taking too long to upload it right now -- maybe later)...


Here she's thinking "ooh, Mom's busy and not paying attention... should I?!"...

Then she is quickly reminded that Mom can see EVERYTHING no matter what she's doing! Just before touching the tree, Mom yells "NO, NO! DON'T TOUCH THE TREE!". She swiftly (and I do mean SWIFTLY!) puts her hand down and into her lap and pretends that she's been watching TV the entire time!...

Then after a second, she looks over at me like "what Mom, I don't know what you're talking about..."

Then she realizes by the look on my face that she can't get anything past Mom, so she reminds me that she knows better by shaking her head "no" back and forth -- just to make sure that I know she knows she's not supposed to touch it (you can't tell in this picture but she really is shaking her head "no" back and forth! It's one of her favorite things to do! LOL!)...

She gives up and moves on, but only for a very short time. After a few minutes, she thinks that Mom is distracted enough again and crawls back over to the tree to see if she can give it another try. This time she looks over at Mom and sees that Mom is on to her ploy, so insteads Kealani thinks quickly and just puts on her best smile as if saying "I know Mom, I wouldn't DARE try to touch it because I'm the best girl ever!"...

Then when Mom turns her head one second later, Kealani looks back at the tree to start pondering another way to try again! LOL!

...and then it's only a matter of time before we play this "no, no, don't touch the tree" game all over again...and again...and again... LOL!

No comments: